Friday 16 March 2012

eBooks tablets free buying

On Sunday morning I had a very productive time. This was a great juxtaposition on my previous two days of general laziness, games, and great holiday time.

Don't get me wrong I love relaxing and playing games (and I think there is a time and place for both) but I generally relax by doing a side project, and similar. In fact my main project for the weekend was to switch my teaching blog over to a self hosted wordpress platform...something which has cause more problems than I anticipated and has taught me a great lesson in patience. 

Anyway, back to the point!

This morning I managed to actually blits through a load of work I was planning to do and a lot of the reading I had been wanting to do as well. In fact I read a great book on Dogme teaching which I got free online and a book with ideas on being missional in your community which was also free [both of which I recommend. However, the second is the best!] 

What struck me was the difference in my reading habits this year since last year. 

What's different?
This year I bought a HP touchpad with kindle app and PDF reader built in and it has really had an impact on the way I read. Although I read one free ebook last year, this year I have read many and even written a review on one. In addition I've actually found that I've bought more books this year and spent more money on books than I did in previous years. 

What has the impact been?
In fact I have bought more books from people who have given me books than fro people who have never given a book away. So I guess, for me at least, this proves how effective this new style of marketing is.