Monday 19 March 2012

Digging a well

A few years back (it seams very strange to write a few years ago but it has actually been that long) I was involved with a group called "The Well" In Sutton. [I know it sounds very much like one of these hipster christian groups (and maybe it was a bit) but please forgive that.]

I left almost 2 years ago to start teaching English in a foreign country and hopefully continue in the apostolic vibe of the group. Perhaps either setting up a "Well", finding a similar group, or something else.

It was great to see that Nat Gillet put up this picture about the values of the Well and it made me reflect on my time here in Dnipropetrovsk
I was thinking that it is such a shame that I haven't found a group like the well or set one up. But it's not actually true.

I have been translated and told my testimony at events, I have been with groups of people and told my testimony, I have gone to orphanages with other people and played guitar and played with the kids, I've hosted regular meals with people and had unexpected guests stay over, I've prayed: in churches, in my flat, with people and on my own, for God's kingdom in my school and in Dnipropetrovsk. 

I am part of a community of Christians who want to see God's kingdom come. It may not have an official name, website, meeting or even notice sheet (the way you signify that it is an official Christian group of course) but it is a community and it is a well. 

I don't want this to appear as though it is a "look at how great I am." I certainly could have done much more in every area of this chart, but rather just that if we do view the church as the people and not the building then I have been part of a well and not even realised it.