Saturday 21 May 2011

Video: your reward; my picnic video.



I basically received the 5 comments I wanted [some weren't online] so I decided to upload the video anyway!

Here is a summary of what different people said.
When I'm telling stories
When I'm with my family (having a meal or playing a game)/ leading a kids song in Romania/ acting in a skit
When I'm drawing [this was from a student and is not as such online]
When I'm caught up in something, design work, Fun with friends, watching a movie, prayer basically anything that stops me feeling self concious
When I'm most free I'm least aware of it, it's only afterwards that I look back and realise I must have lost myself. It's when I'm doing what I believe I was created to do.

And now for my answer, I realised that it's when I forget about myself about thinking about what "Chris" should do. It's when I do activities that I don't care what other people think about me, it's when I forget about being a "good person" or being a "cleaver person". It's when I play guitar, when I sing full throated for no one other than myself and God, It's when I go for a walk on my own or with others and realise that I'm not alone but I am at peace, It's when I help other people and realise that I forgot about what I care about, what I enjoy but just think about that other person.
Those moments are when I feel most like myself, when I don't think about what "myself" is.

I hope you like it, please leave suggestions for more challenges [maybe even challenge me to do something!] or other video's you'd like to see. I have half of another one I'll try and get finished for next week [though it is going to be very busy so we shall have to wait and see]