Sunday 1 May 2011

5 day weekends, Workers day etc

The last few weeks have been very slow for me in terms of blogging, this being despite the abundance of recent days off. I could offer up a host of excuses for this [Introducing a new teacher around, travelling off to Donetsk, lack of home internet connection [due to my mobile dongle using up credit at an alarming rate!] or various other factors.] However it would be better to simply let it rest at sorry and to give you a brief update on things here.

Summer is well and truly on it's way with various fountains having been re-opened for the summer, Out door restaurants opening, shorts being spotted on men and not a single fur coat in sight. There has also been extensive work by gardeners to repair the ground after the torture that the winter months exposed the grass to, and in preparation for the coming blazing sun. 

This weekend due to today being workers solidarity means that there is actually going to be a 5 day weekend for me! Something which I haven't objected to at all! With having so much free time I have set my self the challenge of doing something new every day or at least visiting somewhere else new. 

So far I've gotten lost again in the market, which shows that despite being here almost 7 months the market is still a maze for me. Other than that I have sunk a bit into a rut of not doing new things, Though luckily there are still three days in which I can continue to experiment with new things. On the plus side I have had a chance to catch up on some the activities and work that I have lagged behind on recently...such as writing this blog post. 

Anyway it is time for me to head of and do something new. I hope everyone in Britian enjoy's their 4 day weekend.