Tuesday 10 May 2011

I Saw Jes... someone yesterday

I saw Jesus yesterday,
at least I think I did.
I didn't look too closely just in case he was indeed...he.
I crossed the road and trotted on by, excusing my action with typical British sensibilities of "it would be rude", "he wouldn't understand what I was saying and I wouldn't understand him".

Jesus has really let himself go.
His face was so warn, his hair has grown long and unkempt, not like all those pictures of him in the windows I've seen.
His teeth look like they've rotten away and Alcohol is the most likely cause.
His clothes are really falling apart, I can imagine how they keep him warm in the -20 winter winds.
But above all this.

Jesus SMELLS!
no, smells isn't right, He stinks!
I gagged from the stench of piss and crap.

I know he is my friend but I don't want to end up stinking too! (and what would people passing by thing of me for speaking to him!)

Anyway I'm sure Jesus, not that I am certain it was him... will be there tomorrow...
After all he was there last week when I walked by, and the day before when I gave him a pound. He looked really happy at that. I even stopped for a few seconds to accept his thanks and tell him it was nothing...
What a good friend I am to Jesus.

Matthew 25: 31-46