Tuesday 15 March 2011

10 things I miss, 10 things I love.

I had recently been reflecting on the fact that I have been out here in the Ukraine for over 6 months now and I started to think about some of the things that I miss from home, but also some of the things I really love about being here.

In no particular order

10 things I miss.


  1. Family and friends
  2. Hugs
  3. Things being open later than 11
  4. Singing Christian songs in English
  5. Hot curries 
  6. Yorkshire puddings
  7. Cycling
  8. The Well
  9. Non dubious fruit and veg
  10. Not living alone

10 best things about the Ukraine.


  1. New friends
  2. Salsa dancing
  3. Being totally immersed in a different language
  4. Tea.
  5. Living alone.
  6. My job
  7. Certain Ukrainian dishes
  8. Cheap trains/transport
  9. Being able to communicate in secret [in your native language]
  10. The simpler lifestyle