Monday 13 September 2010

Some more salsa and fireworks

Last night Me and my fellow partner in crime manage to get one of the other teachers (hereby referred to as Scottish Chris [so as to distinguish him from myself]) to join us in some outside Salsa. I have never seen this in England yet it seams to be very common here in the Ukraine as this group does it every Sunday evening and as I walked home I came across another salsa club that was still going as I came back.

I was impressed by how quickly Scottish Chris went from making many many excuses for not being able to attend next week to starting to learn the basic steps and then even dancing with various different partners!

After a few hours of dancing the fireworks to celebrate the founding of the city started and all eyes turned to the bridge crossing the river. It was a very impressive display that had meant the bridge had been closed off all day to set up for the 15 minute display. (that's 15 minutes of fire works pretty much all along the kilometre long bridge going off.)

The result of all this was that by the end of the evening me and John and convinced Scottish Chris that not only was Salsa good fun, that he should (and would) come along to the next evening group but we had also assisted the male female balance at the salsa club. Which isn't too bad seeing as we had only been once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment