Sunday 19 September 2010

A revealing lesson

On Wednesday I was teaching my pre-intermediate teenagers and we were looking at hobbies and interests. One of the more interesting questions was "does anyone have a hobby that could become a profession, after all if they say yes to this then it would show that they must really be interested in this hobby and probably spend a fair bit of time doing this activity. One student revealed they were a keen swimmer and another that she was a strong dancer. When I asked what type of dancing she was interested in I at first heard "street dancing" assuming she meant urban type dancing I was quite surprised out of all the girls in my class (all around 15-17) I would have guessed that if this student was into dancing it would be more traditional dancing. However the rest of my students had switched into Russian and were clearly asking a lot of questions and it was at this point I discovered  that actually she hadn't said street dancing...but strip dancing.
You never know what you will find out about your students

No comments:

Post a Comment