Saturday 3 September 2011

Back in Dnipro


After a week of training over in Donetsk I have finally returned to Dnipro and on Monday I shall start teaching my new classes for this year.

It should be an interesting year with a lot of new groups mainly focusing on the lower levels and kids. I also have agreed to do two international house courses of business English and 1-2-1. Although i am sure these will help me develop as a teacher, as of yet I have no business or 1-2-1 classes!

Another change will be the new shift system. This year instead of starting almost everyday in the morning and finishing in the evening everyday I will instead only have afternoon and evening classes. This should allow for regular planning in the mornings and also a regular period where I can contact back home. This is also due to the fact that the change in timetable means lessons will no longer end so late A very welcome change!

It looks like I shall be doing some more filming with English club tv but the details still need to be arranged with them and I want to make sure that teaching is still my number one priority rather than childhood tv star dreams.

Other than that it is all very safe and familiar here. There have been some bits of good and bad news with some teachers having changed positions/cities but they all seam to be steps forward for them and so I am glad, even if it does mean the end of Spanish lessons and salsa partners!

I promise that the next post won't just be a general update and I'll press on with setting up a tefl blog in the mean time please feel free to suggest a name for the new blog bellow. Best suggestion will be rewarded with credit in the blog title and much love.