Tuesday 30 August 2011

Back in USSR... Well Ukraine.

After a very enjoyable summer in oxford and near London I have finally returned back to the Ukraine, thought not yet to Dnipropetrovsk. I am currently attending a weeks teacher training before I return to day to day teaching at the school.

The first thing that struck me when I arrived back in Dnipro from my flight was about the stray dogs that are all around the Ukraine. Next was the bumpy nature of the roads!

luckily at the airport I had my tablet with me and so could send some emails and messages to family and friends. It was very easy and didn't feel as obvious or intrusive as using my mini laptop.

During my journey I read most of Scott Thornbury's book on teaching speaking and it's given me some thoughts for a new blog post on teaching. However I've been thinking about writing a separate teaching blog as it would be read more, corrected more and help me to develop... More. So now I just need a snappy title and to set it up.

I will try to upload some photo's soon and share them with you soon but in the mean time please share something you've read recently (for work or pleasure).