Wednesday 1 June 2011

2011 Aims: May update

A link to the page with the overview of my previous months

1. I will give at least a 10% tithe in addition to any other giving I will do.
almost, I would guess at lowest 70% and at highest 90% unfortunately not fufiled...yet

2. Making Prayer a stronger habit. 
This month has simply been amazing.

3. Use skype more to chat to people back home/Britain
I finall had a long overdue chat with some family members back home last week and I have definitely had more skype chats this month than ever before :)

4.  I will improve as an EFL teacher.
This month I presented a workshop on teenagers in Kharkiv as part of a national conference. Despite a highwork load and the complition of the IH Young Learners workshop I still managed to take part [in no small part thanks to my DOS's prompting. So I think that counts!

5. I will improve my Russian.
I was set a challenge by a coffeeshop waitress to learn a new word in russian each time I come in. So far I have not failed in this task! In addition the ammount of conversations I have been having in Russian has increased. There is still a LONG way to go but I am very pleased by the accelration that has occured this month.

6. I will write more songs.
Writing has been occuring actually but I still haven't finished anything. This mental block must stop as it's becoming a cycle where I can't finish a song because...I can't finish a song. Unfortunately that means finishing a bad song first before a good one can follow...

7. Host a weekly meal at my flat.
Massive fail, I think I've only hosted 1 meal this month! It has been very busy and we have had a few BBQ's but still. A big fail.

8. Regular and higher quality blogging.
Definitely this month, I've posted many more posts and received many more compliments on their quality

9. I will get involved with some form of charitable work in the Ukraine.
The orphanage was actually out of bounds for the first few months due to an infection [probably just a cold/flu outbreak] and then last weekend I was in Kharkiv, as such nothing has really happened in this respect this month.

10. I will make a Public video each month.
I actually put 2 videos up this month!!!

Well there it is, May's round up of aims. Tomorrow the best of the blog