Tuesday 17 April 2012

Too many blogs

Just before Christmas I had one blog which I posted my random assortment of interests and thoughts.
However, I decided to change and set up a second blog which I would use to prompt teaching development. It turned out quite well and although I started it on Blogger I decided to take the plunge and move it to a self hosted wordpress site .
Soon after that I started a project to assist my students via blogs. Using blogs to store record of lesson work, set extra work and hopefully for them to do extra out of class work and take more responsibility for their own learning. [mixed success so far.] In addition to this I also have a blog which all the students can see and access ideas for extra work. 
In this case I used posterous as it would be easier for my students to use and collaborate on. 

So I've gone from one blog on one platform to 2 blogs for myself on two platforms and a whole host of student blogs which I curate on a different platform. (And now a self guided Russian study blog)

This makes managing all these different blogs a lot harder and as you may have noticed I have neglected this blog a bit recently (there are other reasons for that) I want to simplify things and so I'm looking at reducing the blog platforms that I am using so that it will be easier for me to post.

EDIT: Since writing the post I have won a competition with freewebhosting for a year. As such I am going to move my personal blog onto a self hosted wordpress platform. Now I just need to choose a name for it! Any suggestion would be appriciated :) Chris