Friday 9 December 2011

Why I'm having cold showers for a week

Don't worry my boiler isn't broken, although last winter there was a period when it wouldn't produce hot water on the coldest mornings! No it's something completely different from that.

I've started reading "The Flinch" by Julien Smith

It's all about why we've been programmed to not take risks or opportunities because we might "Harm ourselves" in doing so, when really it's all very safe!

As a Homework assignment he set the task of Jumping into a Cold shower for a week [there's no harm to anyone and according to him your body will acclimatise.] I've just done it for the first time and I can safely say it was the quickest shower I've ever had! I did try to stay in longer to see if I would acclimatise and by the end it wasn't as bad as the start but it still hurt!

I guess there are 6 more days to go so we'll have to see how it goes.

The really interesting thing will be whether this will help me take more risks in other areas.