Saturday 2 July 2011

2011 Aims: June update

If you want to see the page with an over view of all previous months of my aims you can click here


1.I will give at least a 10% tithe in addition to any other giving I will do.
Not 10%... yet! I would blame various things but that would be lame.

2. Making Prayer a stronger habit. 
Again another great month here. I intend to work through Richard Foster’s book “Prayer” again when I get home as a step for next month.

3.Use skype more to chat to people back home/Britain
I think there was a drop in skype activity this month. However usage was still high and I was happy with the amount of people I spoke to.

4.  I will improve as an EFL teacher.
Honestly this month has been very slow and I haven’t had as much contact time with students. In spite of this I had my busy ever week teaching at the start of the month and copped fine. I have also started to reading “teaching speaking” by Scott Thornbury.

5. I will improve my Russian.
Some real progress here, I can certainly hold down conversations for much longer now. I have been wondering how to continue this when I’m back in the UK. As such I have tried to look up some speaking clubs to attend but I’m not sure I can when at summer school and so I will just have to write letters/emails in Russian.

6. I will write more songs.
After pondering who I was writing songs for I have actually written a song! The relief of finishing the song was an astounding feeling. I don’t plan to show anyone this song, not yet at least but it is great to have done it.

7. Host a weekly meal at my flat.
Not weekly but I did host several meals and a couple of other gatherings at my flat this month.

8. Regular and higher quality blogging.
As I have already said my blog hits were up this month, despit the drop in blogging from the month before. This was probably due to targeting my blogging a bit better. I saw that people were landing on my site searching for a review of IHDNK, so I wrote one. This had an immediate affect.

9. I will get involved with some form of charitable work in the Ukraine.
Not a great month here, and the next two months will make this impossible. I hope to get involved with some stuff in my home town when I am back there though.

10. I will make a Public video each month.
I released another video challenge this week… so far I’ve had no responses. :( Hopefully I’ll have one soon.
I do now also have a large quantity of film to edit into some more video’s.