Sunday 11 July 2010

leaving on a jet plane (non political!)

On Friday night I was out to celebrate the end of my CELTA course (a qualification in teaching english as a second language) with my fellow coursemates up in London. I had a very good time at a bar called Red in Covent garden and enjoyed my first cocktail for a very night out for a very long time.

Whilst we were out there was a slight divided between the two groups of people there: People who were going abroad with their CELTA qualification and those who were staying in england, at least for the mean time, those of us who were leaving and those of us being left behind.

It's strange because in so many ways it's much harder to be left, no one wants to lose good friends even if they will still see them, occasionally. No one wants to be hearing about the new adventure others are taking when they are stuck in the humdrum of their daily life.

But leaving isn't easy either, starting something new, being in a new place, a new job, a new stage in a relationship? For some people this comes much easier than others, they can just leave and start a new adventure focusing on the excitement to come.

I am not one of those people.

For me I usually want to try and plan everything before I make that final step so that there is nothing to worry about...of course there is usually something else to worry about and so it just leads to delay after delay but finally I move forward... eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment