Wednesday 12 January 2011

Back to the Ukraine


View Larger Map
After a long time worrying about all the possible problems coming back to the Ukraine I have actually managed to get back to Dnipropetrovsk with relative easy. The main highlights of the journey include:

  1. The metal detector mysteriously going of as I walked through it despite taking all metal items out of my pockets/belts off etc. 
  2. Bumping into a student of the school in the train station who was getting the same train
  3. Meeting a Brazilian English teacher [ricky] in McDonnalds
  4. Buying a train ticket in Kyiv on my own...in Russian, with someone who spoke no English, then forgetting the word for 11 so I could say what time I wanted my train for and yet I knew exactly what I was being asked!
  5. Actually achieving the amazing feat of getting some sleep on the overnight train, despite being far too tall for the sets and being scrunched up the whole journey. 
So all in all a rather successful journey. This post is making up for the one I happened to miss on Monday [I was travelling, I'm sorry] and has some details of the posts to come. I have the idea for the first of the short films and songs [it's an old song to start things off] and also Friday's post is and introduction to a new topic covering two combine interests. Teaching English and Christianity [what can the church learn from teaching English]
Also you may notice that there is now a page with my Aims for 2011 pinned to it. This has a link to the original article and links to all post relating to the new years aims [except the aim of regular blogging...I won't link to every blog article I write!] take a look and keep asking me how I am doing on each task or suggest ideas for each one.