Tuesday 18 May 2010

Where are you on the global rich list?

Today I was with some of the people from my church and the topic got round to money and wealth and some one mentioned this web site: The Global Rich List

The idea of the website is that you enter you average yearly salary and it shows you where in the worlds rich list you would come. It's truly shocking how high you come from so little money and I do think that it puts into perspective our lifestyles and the luxury we live in.

In recent years disposable income levels and standard of living costs have risen dramatically, we have more money to spend on junk and useless things that we don't need than ever before in our lives and yet many people seam to insist that this isn't the case.

The worse thing about this is that I trap myself in this lifestyle, in recent times I have guilty of acquiring plenty of "things" that I really don't need and really won't make my life any better. Trying to break free of consumerism really isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment