Wednesday 19 May 2010

System shock

Tonight hasn't been an easy night, for those of you who don't know I am currently doing a CELTA course (a part time course so that I can teach English as a foreign language) and at my teaching practice tonight I didn't meet up to the mark. It was a vast improvement on my previous lesson and there are some easy and obvious issues that can easily be solved. However it does seam now that every time I love one problem I develop another! This whole course has not been made easier by the fact that I am dyslexic and so getting to grips with Grammar, to write clearly on the board and with some organisational skills.

So I am at a lose end, what if I don't pass this course? My plans for the next year will basically completely fall through, I won't be able to go abroad, I won't be able to teach around here and considering the way things are going at my current job I won't have a job and the issue of what job to do next will still be there.

It's all very funny though, only yesterday I was with some of the other members of the well and we were discussing the passage James 4:13-17
13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

All very appropriate I'm sure you'll agree, I had been trusting in my on plans and to some degree boasting about them and felt certain they would occur, then all of a this happened. A complete system shock that means that the certainty I had in my ideas and what I would be doing is no longer certain.

Its not a certainty that I will fail this course but things do need to improve if I am going to pass. But its okay, if I fail then I have failed, luckily God is with me and with him I can deal with any failure that I make.

[Haven't done a blog post like this before what do you think about it? More like this?)

No comments:

Post a Comment