Wednesday 15 February 2012

January's aims 2012

Many factors lead to this delay in publishing my January review.
  1. Changing the branding on the blog
  2. Moving flats
  3. Preparing a talk for a conference
  4. Working on two international house courses
  5. Considering what to do as the aim for the next 30 days.
All these factors lead to this massive delay in writing my up date but at last it is here.

1. Write an ebook
The writing process is coming a long and I have written a mini introduction and done a lot of research for the main content of it. However I need to push on with some more writing if I want to get this done and have a better idea of how it will be structured.

2. Write 2 songs a month for an album
This was very easy last month but having started to share a flat with someone else I have noticed it is increasingly hard especially with such different timetables. I think I may have to use the morning instead of the evenings as a chance to write songs. 

3. Complete a half marathon 
Training has been minimal with the snow, ice and minus 20C temperatures. However, I have managed to go for a few runs that have reminded me of how hard the task shall be. 

4. Change job
Not much progress here. My thoughts have seamed to become stuck in a ditch with little direction as to how to get out and make progress in this area. Unfortunately every time I think about it the options become more numerous and there are more pro's and con's. 

5. Buy only 10 things this year.
Well I have bought a book this month but other than that I haven't bought anything else. Although thinking about it just now I have realised that I didn't include such things as going bowling or similar activities which perhaps I should have. 
I think this has made me appreciate things as treats more, especially within the perspective that whatever I get will reduce my options later. I do however have a request here.
If you would like to help with this aim then you could offer to buy me a book/music and I would happily do the same in return. You might say this would be getting off on a technicality but I think promoting giving is always good.   


  • My Russian work has been limitted but I did do a church announcement in russian.
  • My teaching development is going well as seen by signing up for this conference talk, taking part in eltchat and other avenues.
  • I think my writing has improved this year ironically by not sticking to a writing rota. [what do you think?]
  • I have started fasting this year.
  • I am behind with my bible reading schedule [due to travelling mainly] and now I'm trying to catch up.
  • I have hosted a couple of parties which have gone down well. 

My extra aim for February
To do the talk in Prague in March [I know it's a bit of a get out clause but I don't really have time for anything else.]

So that was January!