Monday 22 November 2010

General update 22 nov

Well 3 months have gone now and I'm really starting to settle in here, in Ukraine. There have been hard times of course but over all the whole experience has been good.

It is strange to think just how different my life was this time last year, I had a girlfriend, I lived at home, I did a job that I really didn't enjoy but paid my bills, I had loads of friends, who I had known for many years, around me, I was applying for the civil service fast stream, I was campaigning for a political party, trying my hands at political/Christian/general blogging and I was a member of a strange little Christian community in Sutton called the well.

Fast forward 12 months and I live in a foreign country, on my own, I'm single, I have very few friends around me all of whom I've only known for a short period of time, I am doing a job that I LOVE, I have no plans to apply for the civil service, I am still a member of a political party but probably shalln't continue due to the fact that I may not choose to live in England, my blogging has changed to much more personal updates and experiences [with the occasional TEFL idea] and I am attending a small little baptist church out here [who's services are in Russian].

It's a real statement of just how life can change especially when God's involved. He brought me out here and took me on this adventure with him. I have no doubt that I would still be having an adventure with him had I stayed in England as even the mundane is exciting with God. It's funny because I expect [and hope] for what most people would consider a mundane life at some point, a wife and kids who I see everyday, but clearly right now that isn't where my life is or what His plans are.

This weekend just passed I had the great pleasure of attending a Local cross church gathering for a thanksgiving evening with singing, food and a short message. It was so great and reminded me that I truly do have lots to be thankful for. Perhaps one of the startling statements was the moment when the preacher said " we really aren't that poor, we aren't starving, we have more than we need so let's be grateful for what we have and give, joyfully, to those who are in need." It was amazing to hear a similar message to one that I have heard in England so many times and yet from people who really do have so much less money than those of us in England!

Anyway that's a bit of a general up date of thoughts and feelings from living out here, I'm sure those of you who have put up with my moaning about homesickness recently we be re-leaved to hear a up beat post. Blessings one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment