Monday 4 October 2010

A few Christian blog post I have been enjoying

Two of my friends have written some quite thought provoking post on the church, people in the church and [as much as it pains me to use the term] post modernism Christianity. [it should be noted that we were all involved with the well Christian community in Sutton over the last few year and hence our connection to each other.]

The first is from Andrew Brims, he is a Christian who currently lives in Malaga Spain . I have been referring to him as a missionary out there how I was recently reminded that actually every Christian is in fact actually a missionary in their own location. As such although this title is correct so is simply Christian.
His Post is on the modern church service format, it's intended outcomes and unintended outcomes (the good and bad). He then looks at what might possibly the alternative.

The second is by Nat Gillet where he has started about three real people (with different aliases) who will probably never go to church and may well never meet Jesus. It's an interesting read as there are many people i've met during the course of my life who have and probably will never go to church or be part of a Christian community. At the same time there have been moments when I've been truly amazed at the people who have been welcomed in by churches and become truly integrated there.

anyway I recommended them to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment