Friday 20 August 2010

Preparing for homesickness

I have never been homesick in my life. I remember going on holidays with friends, school trips abroad, living up in Leeds for a year and not getting homesick at all. However I'm willing to bet that living in a country with a different culture, language and alphabet with no friends coming with me is going to be a lot more challenging than anything I have previously experienced.

I came across this article on the Oxford seminars website on what the stages of homesickness are and how you can overcome them. It started of sounds pretty normal and not too shocking until it states that it usually takes "4-5 months after living in a new culture" to adapt and that "some people take longer"! Oh dear!

Lukily I have already been given a little helping hand from Luke Bozier to help remind me of home.



Anyway lots more packing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment