Tuesday 1 June 2010

A Bank Holiday weekend to remember



This past weekend I have been away with my old church twenties group. We arrived at  a converted barn, just outside of hitchin, on Friday evening at around 10:00 and stayed until 12 ish on Sunday. In between we read the book of Ruth, discussed our testimonies or things that God had been speaking to us recently, had a lot of Mexican food, drank some tequila, watched eurovision, went for a walk, saw a male horse (he was definitely male), went swimming, enjoyed some time in the sauna and some of us even learnt to give foot and head massages.

It was great to have some time away from the busy world and I kept my phone off for much of the time, an experience I always find liberating. I definitely feel more mentally recharged despite the fact that phyically I definitely feel more tired (mainly due to having gone to bed at earliest 2 for the last 4 days and up at latest 8 in not the most comfortable beds! However I am still very glad I went and feel much better for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment